Tuesday 30 January 2018

Music I'm Into At The Moment

It's been a while since I posted, but in the space I have been gone, I've been doing a lot of music researching and listening. Something I also figured is that it has been even LONGER since I have done a post regarding that sweet stuff. I think that means it calls for sharing of what I have been indulging my ears in lately.

Polaris 


Best start this off with a confession. I was awaiting their debut album, The Mortal Coil, after being obsessed with their previous EP The Guilt & The Grief. I gave TMC a brief listen before becoming ignorant to it and not picking it up again, I at first found that this just didn't grab me. Lately, I have been giving it another go. Second time around it now has me under its wing. Crooked Path had become my anthem at the moment. I'm sorry boys this took me so long. But what an absolutely incredible album.   


Forever Came Calling 


These guys are one of the most underrated bands I have ever come across. A few years a go they supported Four Year Strong, and I lost my absolute shit when I heard they were announced as support. They were even better live, than what they are through your speakers. A talented bunch of guys that haven't given up (thank God) and are back once again with a new EP on the horizon. 

I hope this / they get the recognition they deserves this time around. 

Thornhill 


Recently signed to UNFD, these guys had me from the second I heard them. This is a band I would sum up as being everything I enjoy about music in a nutshell; not to mention Australian (cause we all know they produce some of the best Metal bands).

I have my eye on these guys, because I think we will be seeing a lot of them this year.

ISOTOPES 


Thanks to Dreambound I came across this band due to them. One to get stuck in the head for sure; well it's been stuck in mine. That chorus.

VOULOIR


I recommend anyone to subscribe to Dreambound on YouTube, because they are one of the main places I go to to discover new music. Shout out to them again for discovering Vouloir.

The vocals remind me a lot of Casey. But the lyrical content of the two songs I have heard so far are pretty deep and in their own way beautiful. If you like sad music I strongly recommend these guys.


HAPPY LISTENING!

x





No comments:

Post a Comment