Saturday 23 December 2017

2017, A Year In Reflection

Dear 2017,

There is no denying you have been a difficult one, and you've flown by quicker than I've known any other year. I never pictured me to be in the place that I am now, but that's okay because you've taught me things; that I don't really want you lingering around into the new year. As that year will be mine.

Looking back you've also given me a bunch of good stuff. Stuff that I am forever grateful for. Like my two new best friends; Shadow & Link. I never thought this time last year I would have two furry little rat friends, though it's always been talked about. Though not quite a dog, they have become great company.

I saw my hamster pass, though it may be 'just a hamster', I loved it like I would any animal, and strangely brought back memories of my dog. 

It saw my Dad in hospital in a state i've never seen him in before, it made me realise how life is too short. It made me realise how non of us are invincible, life is unpredictable, and any one can become sick at any time, so we need to make the most of it. 

You let me see my favourite band play 6 of their albums in full. No doubtably one of the best experiences of my life. I will forever hold this experience close to my heart.

I got to travel to one of the most beautiful cities in the world, Rome for my 26th Birthday present. I couldn't have asked for a better gift. I hope next next I get to travel some more. I want to see Switzerland and I am going to try and make that happen.

I went on the London Eye, something I have always wanted to do but never had the chance. Something that made me realise (again) that maybe I'm not good in small spaces up high!

2017 you made me stick to one of my resolutions; to start writing more. Although I still don't do it nearly as enough as i'd like to, i'm doing it at my own pace, and i've stuck to it. I think that is something to be proud of. As for all my other 'resolutions' there is still room for improvement. 

I've started to let my creativity out more, and I have realised that this is something that makes me truly happy. It brings me calm. 

I've learnt a lot of lessons this year, some that may have slipped my mind right now. The biggest one of all being that I want to make 2018 my year. I know that is a pretty standard saying. I want to know my heart and soul feel happy.




No comments:

Post a Comment