Thursday 16 November 2017

Never Say Die Tour // Electric Ballroom, London // 05.11.2017

I'm no stranger to the Never Say Die Tour, and almost every year it's one of those events I look forward to. My initial thoughts when the line up was announced was that I most importantly have to go to see Polaris come over to the UK for the first time. Followed closely by, can't wait to see Emmure again for the hundredth. 

Unfortunately, this post will start of a bit of a low note, as I never actually got to see Polaris, and I was gutted. But due to the major disruption of the train lines that day between Milton Keynes and Euston, there was no physical way of getting there any earlier than we did. And to be fair, in situations like that, my heart goes out more to the reason that situation was caused. Anyways, moving on.

So, we arrived on time for Sworn In, who are a band I for some reason just can't get into. I tried before hand, and I tried to enjoy them live, but i'm sorry to say it just wasn't happening. If anyone wants to try and change my opinion on this, I am open to that.

I was looking forward to seeing Chelsea Grin, as I saw them a few years ago at the Mosh Lives tour, and I had never really listened to them properly before that. The Mosh Lives tour changed my opinion though, as I properly enjoyed them. That still stands for this time around at the NSDT, they were just as tight as I remembered, and I came home once again wanting to listen to them. 

Deez Nuts, again, I've seen these guys a few times. For me they are a band where I like singles, not full albums. I find myself getting a bit tired of them after a while. I think that applied to me on the night too. By half way through the set, I had enough. I see why people love this band, I really do. I mean, they're fun, you can tell they are there for a good time, and I love when you can feel that from a band. But from a personal point of view, I just started to get a little bored.  

It was interesting to witness the new line up of Emmure, and after the latest album it was refreshing to hear them play some new material. Though haven been a fan of Emmure for many years, I can also say I'm a huge fan of Look At Yourself. I think my only downfall here, was that the setlist seemed to be a little short. Now I don't know if that's because I was having too much for, but I've seen them play the NSDT before, and I'm pretty sure their setlist was a lot longer previously. But you'd rather have a small amount of something great than a large amount of something terrible, right? 

So now that's all over, we can only wait for the rest of the Impericon tour announcements. I'm going to try my hardest to get out to Europe next year, IF the line up is worth it. We can only play the waiting game!
x



No comments:

Post a Comment