Thursday 6 July 2017

Earthwalker


I love woodlands, forests, in fact anywhere that is surrounded by the beauty of the earths nature, and away from the worlds business, is my idea of heaven. There is nothing more comforting and relaxing than walking through areas like this, and in a area surrounded by concrete it can be refreshing. I've always lived in the city, but I've always felt like it can be a bit suffocating, and I'm sure the day will come where I can spread my wings away from it all - just not yet. 

I've always felt an attachment to the beauty of nature. Though some would say their idea of a holiday includes sun, sand, beach, sea, my idea of heaven would be surrounded by mountains, lakes, trees, which to me is perfection in a landscape. Even the thought of it breaks me great calm and happiness. 

It's so easy to be consumed by the place we live in, and the things that surround us, and I myself don't want to be defined by it. I don't want to be stuck in a concrete jungle, It may be ideal for some people, but not for me. That's why it is so important to seek further than what is on the doorstep. 

I say my area is a concrete jungle, to some extent that is true, but there are parts around here that remind you that there is beauty to the world. 

Every day I do the same walk, a 40 minute minute work from one place to another, and I pass the same things which can get tiring. When the view you are walking consists of a cocktail of cars, pavements, roads and the things we are used to. I think It's easy to forget sometimes that this isn't the world, this is just a part of it. Just because you see a small grain of it every day, doesn't mean that that's it. There is more out there, and this may not be where you belong. You just have to fight to find it. And it's important to take a step outside of that, because like I said, it can be consuming. 

It may be simple but days like this, walking through a woodland, and space surrounded by sights and scents that bring me joy, makes me happy. And it's the simple things that make us the happiest. 

x






No comments:

Post a Comment