Friday 21 April 2017

Twelve Foot Ninja // London Underworld // 17.04.17

I think it's clear by now how much of a love I seem to have for the Australian heavy and alternative music scene. For me, from about 2008 (when I first started on my Aussie music rampage) and onwards all these great bands have been starting up, blowing up, and coming out of the woodworks.

I've only been listening to Twelve Foot Ninja for a short while, it was a random discovery, but a welcomed one! The first song I heard was One Hand Killing, which seems to be the one their most popular due to the addictiveness of the guitar riffs, and most memorable from the opening sketch and nature of the music video (which is still funny the 1902009 time of watching it). Stepping away from the music itself, this is a running joke with the band, as at the Underworld they brought up this with the "have you been busy London?".

So to put things lightly, Twelve Foot Ninja actually killed it. It's been a while since I've seen a band so tight and literally tick every box. I came to this gig knowing a few songs, and it was one of those gigs where you don't need to be their biggest fan to enjoy the show and come out stoked. 

They made sure to pack a few jokes in their too, which isn't essential for a gig I know, but for a band to interact with a crowd like that in a genuinely funny sense is rare and makes the whole experience more fun! For example the guitarist Steve, asking anyone if "we've seen his bloody socks". Apparently he purchased some new socks before the gig and he lost them. 

Then there was the chanting of the crowd "Twelve Foot Ninja!", to which they started playing randomly, making a song out of the chanting.

It was such a good night. Like I said, I arrived liking the band, and I came out liking them a whole lot more. One band to surely check out!

No comments:

Post a Comment