Wednesday 22 February 2017

New Music You Must Hear, Right Now.

I think this should be an official thing, because music is constantly coming out, and I just can't keep up. I end up forgetting about it. 

Apart from the Ocean Grove album that I still am very much in love with, (if you are reading this, and you don't know what album I'm on about, go listen right now) there's been a few songs lately that have just been a notch above the rest, worthy of being given a mention. If you'd like to read my review on Ocean Grove, click here.

So lets quit rambling and get to it.

Commonwealth - Father(s)


I must admit, this is the first song I've heard from these guys, I'm yet to hear more, but boy am I eager. There's a rare moment when a song grabs you and fills you with excitement, I instantly got that feeling from this song. I don't know if it's his voice, the guitars, a combination, but It reminds me of Embracer, and I like that. 

Sorority Noise - No Halo


I have heard of these guys for some time now and I've given them a few plays, but they never really grabbed me, until now. No Halo is one of them songs you just can't wait to hear live, fortunately for us Brits they will be attending Slam Dunk Festival in May.

A few days ago they released a new song called A Better Sun, which you should also check out. It's from their upcoming album  
You're Not As _____ As You Think which is due out in March. I think It's more of a grower for me, but an upcoming album that will be getting my attention. 


Saviour - Forget Me


A band that should have been on my Australian Bands You Need To Hear post. A band who pack a lot of talent and have grown musically.  This is a band who we thought we lost in the musical world after announcing their break-up in 2014, but just a year later, they came back. Which I myself am extremely delighted with.

I must admit, I will forever be a First Light to My Death Bed fan, and 'pre break up Saviour' more so than I am with their new more mellow sound, but that's okay, because like I said, they have grown up and expanded their sound. 

I am a major supporter of the fact Shontay Snow, who'm is also a solo artist herself has more been given more of a limelight now, as her voice is just beautiful and really makes them unique. Keep your eye on these guys.


Emmure - Flag of the Beast


Okay, so a familiar band I'm sure. Though one to either annoy you or fill you with joy, I'll hold my head high and admit I am proudly an Emmure fan. But lets not discuss who's a fan and who's not. And if you're not, hold up for a second.

I know a lot of people lost interest from Speaker of the Dead onwards. But with the new line up, brings a promising sound. We've been given three songs so far off the upcoming album Look At Yourself. And as for Torch - absolutely insane. 

No comments:

Post a Comment