Sunday 19 February 2017

Four Year Strong w/ Chunk! No Captain Chunk // London Koko 17/02/2017

Well, that was awesome.

If you're a dedicated Four Year Strong fan, you will know that they have been undertaking a 10 year anniversary tour of their debut album Rise or Die trying. An album that many will agree, was a complete diamond of an album. I must admit even if they were just doing the casual / usual tour, I would have still gone, as I try to see them every time they come over, but this was just that bit extra special. 

Back in 2008, I cast my mind back to what was probably one of the best tours I have ever witnessed, the easycore tour featuring New Found Glory, Set Your Goals, Four Year Strong and Crime In Stereo. Four Year Strong were still quite fresh and only had one album (this album) under their belts back then, and seeing them play these songs for the first time having loved the album so much, was a hell of a lot fun. 


I must admit, I missed the first two bands, and I missed a song of Chunk! which annoyed me, because I'm a sucker for Chunk. Also there is this running thing I have with them, where ever time I plan to see them something goes wrong**..

**First time I went to see them at Slam Dunk, they were in the small room, I WASN'T ALLOWED IN, TOO MANY PEOPLE APPARENTLY..WELL..MAKE ROOM. Second time I had tickets to see them at The Borderline in London, I was ill on the day. Slam Dunk 2014, couldn't get anywhere near them because it was on that stupid stage near the bus stops (worst idea SD has ever had). When I saw them at the Ayslum in Birmingham, I did however make it which was a success..HOWEVER, on the way I lost 20 pound and during In Friends We Trust, we got on the stage, coming off the stage when they had finished I tripped over a speaker and landed flat on my face. I got up and ran hahaha. I did however manage to see them again at SD.

So, seen as we are being honest here, I was anticipating something to go wrong. Like I said, it kinda did, but it did not ruin it. I was a bit disappointed that they decided to not play as many of their older songs, but I guess that's what you're going to get from a support band. It's understandable they want to promote their 'new' album more, and with a limit of 7ish songs, somethings gotta give.

Four Year Strong - the main event, the big boys. It's been a while since I've had THAT much fun at a gig. One thing I've decided though - I don't like the Koko. I was at the Koko when FYS played their the first time around, and it was insane.. It felt like their was TOO many people, as if they oversold. It's the only time I have ever had to move from the crowd, and actually take a step back. 

We left the crowd after the encore to go get our bag to avoid the rush, then stood on the balcony, and their was a gang of older people moshing to themselves, and it was one of the greatest things i've ever seen haha. As always, great crowd. 

I need to start taking at least one photo to back up these stories, pretty pants at this.

Next gig - Touche Amore and Angel Dust, let's do this. x


No comments:

Post a Comment