Tuesday 24 January 2017

Band T-shirts?

I guess this is quite a controversial topic, because you either agree of disagree, but lets talk about one of the latest fashions - band t-shirts.

I'm going to try and write this so I don't offend, because I really don't want to offend anyone! Fashion is fashion at the end of the day, and I'm all for expression and wearing whatever the hell you want!

So where to start, I can only speak from my own personal views, but growing up you wouldn't see me in anything other than a band shirt. I don't so much wear them nowadays, though I am partial to one. But when I do wear band shirts, it's because I support the band. I'm not talking one or two songs.. 
 
"My favourite bands Found Glory" 
"Oh sweet, what's your favourite song?" 
"My Friends Over You"...

No, I genuinely love the music, love the band, love the songs, probably seen them live a million times, It's a way of supporting a band. That's how I grew up, heavily influenced by music, and was forever picked on for the music I listened to and for being myself.

It seems strange now that those kind of people, who would turn their nose up at the kind of music we listen to, and now wearing band shirts, by the people who we grew up listening to - just because it's 'cool'. 

I've gotten used to seeing Pink Floyd, Nirvana, Led Zep t-shirts now, though it still makes me cringe a little inside, but what topped it was seeing proudly placed in Topshop, A KoRn t-shirt. I don't know why that aggravated me a little more than the usual, maybe because it's a band who is a little more modern, more my taste of music, a band that I actually grew up listening to and saw the other week, and then the week after their t-shirt is in a high street shop window. Hmmm, it just doesn't sit right with me.

It's a tough one to talk about, because it's one of those things where you are going to offend someone, even if your intentions were right. I mean, if suddenly football shirts became cool, it's like me going out in a Arsenal football shirt, from someone who hates football.

In my own opinion, It annoys me. But give it a little while, it will all blow over. 


No comments:

Post a Comment