Friday 2 September 2016

Friday Favourites - Wage War

Not a new release by any means, as Blueprints was released in 2015. But I only gave this album a listen around February, after seeing them pop up everywhere I look and not actually getting around to playing it all the way through. 

I can only describe this album as fun. It is one of those albums, full of heavy riffs, that constantly makes you want to mosh around your living room, by yourself, and turn up so loud which your neighbours would be thankful for. 

For a first album, these guys are setting the bar high for themselves, and have clearly got a lot of potential. Can we also take note of the lyrics on this album that have got stuck in my head, time and time again, and I find myself signing out loud randomly. Or the riffs that I find myself making guitar noises to with my own mouth. 

If you want proof, just give the intro; Hollow a few listens, "MARK MY WORDS, RUN YOUR MOUTH, WHEN NOBODIES AROUND, NO ONE REMEMBERS THE COWARDS WHEN THEIR SIX FEET BENEATH THE GROOOOUUUNNDD", which by the way is an awesome one to do the dishes to. That is exactly what I am going to name this album - "one to do the dishes to" making chores more fun (but probably extending the time they should take to do). 

Then we have Alive, which if you have heard of Wage War before, you most probably would have already heard. If you haven't started jumping around yet whilst playing through this album, I guarantee by now you would have done. 

I don't see me getting fed up of this album anytime soon. Even if there is a dry patch of Wage War in my life, sooner or later it comes creeping back and I remember why this album is just so damn good. 

Wage War are supporting Amity in the UK in December. Go catch them then, even if you are not an Amity fan!

Who wants to see Wage War live? (me) 

No comments:

Post a Comment