Friday 30 September 2016

Friday Favourites - Casey

This week I want to bring to your attention a little band from the South of Wales, Casey. If you follow my posts, you would know that I have mentioned these guys before, but now their album is in our hands, I feel they only deserve to be mentioned again.

Love Is Not Enough is the first full length album from Casey, I think they kept us waiting long enough. The opening of the album starts with Bloom, which in my opinion left me in anticipation for almost the first minute with what I can only describe as an instrumental intro. It takes a while for the lyrics to kick in, which I feel is cleverly done. We are already left eagerly anticipating the song/album to really kick in. 

The second track on the album Little Girl I can definitely feel some Being As An Ocean vibes creeping in on this song - not a bad thing as I am a big BAAO fan. I don't feel like those vibes are too overpowering though in a way which it feels like they are just another BAAO style band, they definitely have their own individual sound. Another thing I love about this song as it has my favourite line on the album, "Our hearts lay on the bedroom floor, and one was mine, but both were yours".

Regarding the lyrics, I think we can agree that from a melodic hardcore band, you expect to hear heartfelt, emotional lyrics, which is what we are given through this album. That being said, the lyrics in this album are just as important as the music itself. There is not one part of the way it has been put together which sticks out more than another. I am pleased that Haze made it's way on to the album and has been re-recorded. 

I was planning to do a gig review of their Old Blue Last Show from last Saturday. But unfortunately we arrived at half 9 as we couldn't arrive any earlier, thinking we would have made it on time for their set, but only got to see them play their last two songs. 

It only took them two songs however to appreciate this band as a live act, and I will definitely be seeing them again. There is nothing better than a band that interacts with the crowd and feeds off their energy, like the the audience does the band. The emotion you hear through your stereo at home, is the exact emotion you will see at their show. All in all, I am in love with this album. 

x

No comments:

Post a Comment