Thursday 7 July 2016

Gerard Cosmetics - Vintage Rose, Underground & Iced Mocha




Iced Mocha

L-R Underground, Vintage Rose

L-R Iced Mocha, Underground, Vintage Rose

L-R Underground, Vintage Rose, Iced Mocha
First impressions of Gerard Cosmetics overall without even going near the products is it is well packaged, pleasing to the eye, and a magpies dream (that's a reference to people like myself, who are instantly drawn to shiny things). 

The colour range they have on their lip products makes it even more hard to resist. I recently purchased two of their matte lipsticks  - Vintage Rose & Underground after already owning a liquid matte lipstick in the shade Iced Mocha.

First things first, I absolutely adored the liquid lipstick that I purchased, all boxes were ticked, and it is definitely something I would re-purchase if I wasn't more caught up on my cream matte lipsticks. So recently I decided to try their cream lipsticks, since I saw so many positive things.

I can honestly say, that after receiving them I am very disappointed in these cream matte lipsticks. The smell is strange, I can only describe it as cheap, a good similarity to those play lipsticks you have when you are little. The product also takes a lot of pressure and layers to get a good full coverage look, otherwise they look almost like a tint, which is something I didn't expect. I was so disappointed that I didn't continue to wear them, so I can't comment on the staying power. 

The positives such as the packaging and the colours of these lipsticks don't out weight the negatives in my opinion. For the price of them, I expected a little more. I will however continue to love and use their liquid lipsticks, and I would highly recommend them to you in replacement for Lime Crime Velvetines if you are looking for something slightly cheaper. They are just as good, if not better.

What Gerard Cosmetics have you guys tried, and what are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment