Saturday 2 July 2016

Friday Favourites (On A Saturday) - Vanna

I am holding myself back right now from making a Four Year Strong joke reference due to the title of this post..


Anyways, this week, or at least for the past few days, I have been addicted to the new Vanna album, All Hell. I've been a fan of Vanna since the MySpace days. (I'm sure thinking back to them days makes a lot of people feel old, it does me). I've had this album on repeat since it appeared on YouTube, as it's not officially released yet.

This is a band I can honestly say does not have a bad album (in my opinion). They combine everything I love in my music - heavy breakdowns, sing-along parts, angry and catchy lyrics, and they do it so well. What I love most about them, is since they began they haven't changed their sound TOO much, you can still tell it's them, but at the same time it doesn't get repetitive and boring.

The last song on the album Lead Balloon was a perfect choice to end the album on. This is probably my favourite one of two songs on the album, yet i'm still coming up with a full conclusion on that part. I think this is mainly because the lyrics are so well written. When I first listened to it, it gave me goosebumps. You can just feel the passion coming through, something that was clearly written from honesty, if that makes sense?

My OTHER favourite little number on this album, is the second to last song Mutter. This is surely a song I need to hear live and I just hope they decide to stick this on their setlist in December. The lyrics are catchy as hell and I love the way the song opens "SHUT UP, SHUT UP", and I love how these simple words continue as a theme through the song. This is going to become my new anthem haha, don't see me getting bored of this anytime soon.

There's also something about this album artwork that I love also, though I'm yet to see inside (does anyone else get excited over album artwork, or is that just me?).


I don't know about you, but I cannot wait to get my hands on a physical copy of this masterpiece. It feels like a while since new material has excited me.

Anyone else planning to go see them supporting Beartooth in December? Two bands I cannot wait to see again!


No comments:

Post a Comment