Sunday 19 June 2016

Lime Crime Velvetines - Cupid & Riot


Although I'm a bit late to the party, I am pleased to say I finally got my hands on two of the Velvetines from Lime Crime


I was stupid enough to purchase a few Velvetines from Ebay in the past, but they all arrived being fake, which now thinking about it, isn't surprising. That marks the first and last time I purchase make up from anywhere other than a legit retailer. So, if you're reading this, and you've been tempted by cheaper prices thinking you are getting a bargain - DON'T DO IT! Seriously, they can be harmful. 


Although I really wanted Faded, unfortunately this was sold out at the time (I will get my hands on you eventually), so I chose, Riot and Cupid. I am a massive matte lipstick fan, I own way too many, or not enough, depending on how you look at it, and I have tried a few liquid lipsticks, but never really been a fan. However, the colours from Lime Crimes Velvetines collection, are way too tempting, and I gave in.

I'm not too great at describing the logics of make up, however, I can say it how it is. These colours are just as gorgeous as the pictures you find online, as they are in the flesh. However, when I applied them to my lips, Riot seemed to look a little darker than I expected, and Cupid seemed to be a lot brighter, nether the less, still just as gorgeous.

As for the application, I'm not so keen on. Although at first they glided on so soft and smoothly, as they dried and I wanted to apply another layer, this became somewhat impossible. They began to look cakey and that lovely feeling I felt when first applying it, didn't feel so lovely anymore. This is why I am going to admit, I don't think I'm brave enough to wear these out just yet. The thought of eating or drinking anything whilst wearing these scares me, as re-application seems to be a pain in the butt. 

Top - Riot, Bottom - Cupid
I will probably buy more eventually, because, well, the colours... but for now i'm going to stick to my loves or Mac and Smashbox. Lime Crime, this is not the end..

You can avoid nasty custom fees by buying Lime Crime here


No comments:

Post a Comment