Friday 24 June 2016

Friday Favourites - In Flames

Every so often I go through a phase of going back to my routes and falling in love with the bands I first started out listening to all over again. At the moment, I've been going on an In Flames marathon.

Although there are a lot of good upcoming bands out there today and music is changing, to me nothing beats the music I grew up listening.

I'm lucky to say I've managed to see hundreds of bands, most of the bands I've listened to over the years. But there are still one or two that I have not had the chance to, whether it be because I was too young or not had the money to, In Flames are one of those bands.

Come Clarity has to be my favourite In Flames albums, for the reason of to me there is not a bad Take This Life and album titled song Come Clarity, but if I was to pick one song on that album which stands out to me most it would be Dead End. Just because of those beautiful guest vocals from Lisa Miskovsky, and of course the heaviness. Although overall, I probably couldn't actually pick a favourite song on this album.

As for an overall collection of their songs, the track Metaphor, off their 2002 album Reroute to Remain is one of the more relaxed, mellow In Flames songs, but one I always go back to. When I'm feeling in a chilled out mood, this is one of those songs I seem to turn to. Everyone likes a sad song every now and then, whether it be to reflect your mood for comfort, or it be to cheer you up, and that's totally fine, I find this song does both.

You're probably going to hear my raving on about quite a few old albums in the future posts for now, as I seem to be going on a time travel back through the past.



No comments:

Post a Comment